Xiaomi launched the Mi A2 Lite affordable smartphone in July last year. The Mi A2 Lite is also known as Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro globally. It comes with 5.8-inch IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2280 pixels of resolutions and offers 19:9 aspect ratio. It packed with Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery inside the body and also comes with Fast battery charging 5V/2A 10W feature.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm) processor under the hood which clocks at 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53. On the board, there is an Adreno 506 GPU. The phone available in 3 GB of RAM with 32 GB internal storage and 4 GB of RAM with 64 GB internal storage option. The phone also supports micro SD card up to 256 GB. The Mi A2 Lite featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 12-megapixel main camera and 5 Megapixel secondary camera. On the front side, it has a 5-megapixel camera for selfies. It has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite smartphone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box. The company already released Android 9.0 Pie officially update for the phone. If you still want Android Pie custom ROM for your phone, then Resurrection Remix 7 custom ROM is for you.
Here in this article, we will guide you how to download and update Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite to Android 9.0 Pie. The Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is based on Resurrection Remix 7 custom ROM. The Android Pie RR 7 ROM for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite also comes with GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI means Generic System image. If you are the user of Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite then this is the good news for you. You can now download and install Android Pie Resurrection Remix 7 custom ROM with GSI on Galaxy A8 2018 model.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer mracar who work hard on this project. With the help of Project treble, the custom ROM communities boosted ROM development. Now the Budget devices based on Kirin and Exynos brands are also supported custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Mokee OS, Pixel Experience.
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy A8 SM-A530 model number. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong or happened your device that may happen while/after following this guide. This ROM may or may not be completely stable and we don't recommend you to try this ROM as a daily driver. So proceed at your own risk.
Update Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite to Android 9.0 Pie based on Resurrection Remix 7
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section
- Now extract the RR 7 Android Pie GSI file and transfer both Android Pie system.img image and Gapps into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite based on Resurrection Remix 7. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.