Samsung launched the Galaxy J6 smartphone at the starting of the last year. It comes with 5.6-inch Super AMOLED display panel that supports 720 x 1480 pixels of resolution and offers 18.5:9 aspect ratio. The screen of the phone protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The Galaxy J6 J600F/G models powered by Octa-Core Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm) processor under the hood. It has 3 GB of RAM with 32 GB storage and 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage variants. The phone supports micro SD card supports up to 256 GB.
Samsung Galaxy J6 model featured with a single 13-megapixel camera on the back side along with LED flash. On the front side, the phone comes 8-megapixel camera for selfies. The phone packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery inside the body. It is available in Black, Gold and Blue color options. The Galaxy J6 has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
The Galaxy J6 model came with Android 78.0 Oreo Operating system out of the box. The company did not release any firmware update for the phone. Samsung is not pretty good to release the Android OS updates for their phone. But Samsung Galaxy J6 may or may not get the Android Pie update from the company. If you don’t want to wait for the official updates and want to install and experience the latest Android OS, then there is a way to experience the latest Android interface by installing custom ROM.
Here in this article, we will guide you how to update Galaxy J6 J600F/G to Android Pie. The Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy j6 is based on Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM. The Android Pie Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM for Galaxy J6 is also with GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI means Generic System image. If you are the user of Galaxy J6 then this is the good news for you. You can now download and install Android Pie ASOP ROM with GSI on Galaxy A8 2018 model.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer mracar who work hard on this project. With the help of Project treble, the custom ROM communities boosted ROM development. Now the Budget devices based on Kirin and Exynos brands are also supported custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Mokee OS, Pixel Experience.
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy J6 model number. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
How to install Android Pie on Galaxy J6 based on Resurrection Remix 7.0
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section
- Now extract the AOSP Android Pie GSI file and transfer both Android Pie system.img image and Gapps into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Galaxy J6 based on AOSP. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.