Sony launched Xperia XZ3 flagship smartphone August last year. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Xperia XZ3 and install TWRY custom Recovery on it. Just follow the article, step by step to root and install TWRP Recovery on Xperia XZ3. The phone comes with 6-inch P-OLED display panel that supports 1440 x 2880 pixels of resolutions and offers 18:9 aspect ratio. The display of the phone supports HDR BT.2020 and Triluminos features, it protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The Sony Xperia XZ3 smartphone powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 630 GPU. The phone available in 4 GB of RAM and 6 GB of RAM variants (depend on markets), both the variants have 64 GB internal storage. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box. It has a single 19-megapixel camera on the back side and 13-megapixel on the front side for selfies.
The Xperia XZ3 packed with Fast battery charging 18W (USB Power Delivery 2.0) and supports Qi wireless charging. It comes with a fingerprint scanner on the back side too. The phone available in Black, Silver White, Forest Green, Bordeaux Red color options.
If you have this amazing smartphone and want to customize it according to your need, then this article will help you. After rooting and install TWRP recovery on it you can do many things like installing Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia XZ3. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Xperia XZ3.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Xperia XZ3
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Xperia XZ3
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia XZ3 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.