Vivo launched V7 smartphone couple of months ago. It’s a mid-range smartphone that comes with decent hardware on board. The phone features a 5.7-inch IPS display panel that supports 720 x 1440 pixels of resolution. The phone runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat Operating system out of the box along with Funtouch 3.2 UI running on top. The Vivo V7 packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery inside the body. It has a fingerprint scanner on the back side of the phone.
Vivo V7 (PD1718F) powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 506 GPU. The phone has 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB internal storage option. It also has a micro SD card slot that supports up to 256 GB.
If you want to customize your phone more than you need to root it and install custom Recovery on it. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Vivo V7 and install TWRP recovery on it.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Vivo V7.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Vivo V7.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- You can flash Custom ROM on Vivo V7 using TWRP
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Vivo V7. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Vivo V7.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Vivo V7 (PD1718F)
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Vivo V7 (PD1718F)
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Vivo V7 (PD1718F) and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.