Last Month, Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 7 Pro smartphone. It comes with 6.3-inch IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolutions and offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The phone also offers a teardrop notch design. The Redmi Note 7 Pro powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 612 GPU. The phone available in two RAM and memory variants, one comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage and other has 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage. It also supports micro SD card up to 256 GB.
In terms of camera, the Redmi Note 7 Pro featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with Dual LED flash. The rear cameras configuration, 48-megapixel main camera and 5-megapixel secondary camera. On the front side, there is a 13-megapixel camera for selfies. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box along with MIUI 10 running on top. It packed with Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery and supports Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 4). The phone also has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
Here in this article, we show you how to root Redmi Note 7 Pro and install TWRP custom Recovery on it. Just follow the article step by step to root and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Redmi Note 7 Pro. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.