Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 5 affordable smartphone early last year. It comes with a 5.99-inch IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2160 pixels of resolutions and offers 18:9 aspect ratio. The phone runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system out of the box, but the great news is that the company already released Android 8.1 Oreo update and planning to release Android 9 Pie which based on MIUI 10 running on top. It packed with Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery inside the body and also comes with Fast battery charging 5V/2A 10W feature.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm) processor under the hood which clocks at 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53. On the board, there is an Adreno 506 GPU. The phone available in 3 GB of RAM with 32 GB internal storage and 4 GB of RAM with 64 GB internal storage option. The phone also supports micro SD card up to 128 GB. The Redmi Note 5 featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash. It has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
If you have this amazing smartphone and want to customize it more, then this article will help you. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Redmi Note 5 and install TWRP custom Recovery on it. Just follow the article step by step.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Redmi Note 5. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Redmi Redmi Note 5.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Redmi Note 5
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Redmi Note 5
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.