Huawei launched the P Smart Plus mid-range smartphone last year in July. It comes with 6.21-inch LTPS IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolutions and offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The phone has a teardrop notch design that carries a selfie camera. The phone powered by Octa-Core Hisilicon Kirin 710 (12 nm) processor under the hood along with Mali-G51 MP4 GPU. The Huawei P Smart Plus runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box along with EMUI running on top.
Huawei P Smart Plus has 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage option along with micro SD card on board that supports up to 512 GB. The phone featured with triple camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 24-megapixel main camera, 16-megapixel ultrawide camera and 2-megapixel depth sensor. On the front side, it has an 8-megapixel camera for selfies. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery and also supports Fast battery charging 5V/2A 10W feature. The phone also has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
If you have Huawei P Smart Plus smartphone want to customize it, then you need to install TWRP Recovery on it. Here in this article, we will guide you to root Huawei P Smart Plus and Install TWRP Recovery on it. Just follow the article step by step.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Huawei P Smart Plus.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Huawei P Smart Plus.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- You can flash Custom ROM on Huawei P Smart Plus using TWRP
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei P Smart Plus. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Huawei P Smart Plus.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P Smart Plus
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Huawei P Smart Plus
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Huawei P Smart Plus and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.