Root Huawei Nova 3i and install TWRP Recovery
Huawei Nova 3i is mid-range smartphone launched July last year. The Nova 3i comes with 6.3-inch IPS display panel with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolutions and offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It also offers notch design which carries dual selfie camera sensors and other sensors too. It powered by Octa-Core Hisilicon Kirin 710 (12 nm) processor along with Mali-G51 MP4 GPU on board. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box along with MIUI running on top. The company upgraded the phone to Android 9 Pie operating system.
Huawei Nova 3i has 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage option along with micro SD card slot. It featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 16-megapixel main camera and 2-megapixel secondary camera for depth information. On the front side, the phone comes with dual camera sensors, 24-megapixel main camera and 2-megapixel secondary camera for depth. The phone packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3340 mAh battery along with Fast battery charging 5V/2A 10W feature. It also has a fingerprint scanner on the back panel.
If you have Huawei Nova 3i smartphone and want to customize it according to your needs, then you have to root it first. Here in this article, we will show you how to root Huawei Nova 3i smartphone and install TWRP custom Recovery on it. There are several benefits after rooting and installing TWRP Recovery on your phone users can able to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei Nova 3i. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Huawei Nova 3i.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Nova 3i
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Huawei Nova 3i
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Huawei Nova 3i and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.