A South Korean smartphone manufacturer, Samsung launched the Galaxy J4 Plus affordable smartphone in September last year. The Galaxy J4 Plus features 6-inch IPS display panel that supports 720 x 1480 pixels of resolutions. The phone powered by Quad-Core Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 308 GPU. It comes with a fingerprint scanner on the side of the phone. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box. It is available in Black, Gold, Pink, Blue color options.
Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus is available in three variant options. The first one comes with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal storage, the second has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB internal storage and last comes with 3 GB of RAM and 32 Gb storage. The Galaxy J4 Plus supports micro SD card up to 512 GB. The phone featured with a single 13-megapixel camera on the back side and 5-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery inside the body.
If you are the user of Galaxy J4 Plus smartphone and want to customize it, then this article will help you. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Galaxy J4 Plus smartphone and install TWRP Recovery on it.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J4 Plus.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J4 Plus.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- You can flash Custom ROM on Galaxy J4 Plus using TWRP
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy J4 Plus. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Galaxy J4 Plus.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J4 Plus
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Galaxy J4 Plus
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy J4 Plus and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.