ZTE launched Nubia Red Magic flagship smartphone April last year. The Nubia Red Magic comes with a 6-inch LTPS IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2160 pixels of resolutions and offers 18:9 aspect ratio. The phone powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 540 GPU. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box along with nubia Red Magic UI running on top. However, there no word when the phone gets Android Pie OS update.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic featured with single 24-megapixel camera sensor on the back side along with LED flash. On the front side, the phone has 8-megapixel for selfies and video calls. The phone is available in 6 GB and 8 GB variants along with 64 GB and 128 internal storage options, respectively. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3800 mAh battery inside the body along with Fast battery charging 9V/2A 18W feature. The phone is available in Black, Red and Flame Red color options.
If you have Nubia Red Magic smartphone and want to more customized with amazing feature than go for Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM, it is based on Android PIe OS. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to download and install Android Pie on Nubia Red Magic. The Android 9.0 Pie for Nubia Red Magic is based on Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM. The Android Pie Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM for Nubia Red Magic is also with GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI means Generic System image.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer mracar who work hard on this project. With the help of Project treble, the custom ROM communities boosted ROM development.
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for ZTE Nubia Red Magic. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
How to install Android Pie on Nubia Red Magic based on Resurrection Remix 7.0
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section
- Now extract the Resurrection Remix 7.0 Android Pie GSI file and transfer both Android Pie system.img image and Gapps into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Nubia Red Magic based on Resurrection Remix 7.0. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.