Nokia 7.1 smartphone launched in last year, it’s a mid-range smartphone that comes with amazing specs and features. Nokia 7.1 has a 5.84-inch IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2280 pixels of resolutions and offers 19:9 aspect ratio. The display of the phone protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The phone powered by Octa- Core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 509 GPU. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3060 mAh battery which supports Fast battery charging 9V/2A 18W feature.
Nokia 7.1 features dual camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel camera. On the front side, it has an 8-megapixel camera for selfies. The phone available in 3 GB and 4 GB of RAM along with 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage option, respectively. It also supports micro SD card up to 400 GB. The phone is available in Gloss midnight blue and gloss steel color options.
The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box, but the company already released Android Pie update for the officially. If you are a custom ROM lover and want to experience Android Pie based custom ROM on Nokia 7.1 Then you are at the right place. Custom ROM offers more customization than the stock version.
Here in this article, we will guide you on how to download and install Android Pie on Nokia 7.1 which is based on Resurrection Remix 7.0 (RR 7.0) custom ROM. The Resurrection Remix 7.0 is one of the best custom ROM available in the market based on Android Pie.
The Android 9.0 Pie for Nokia 7.1 is based on Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM. The Android Pie Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM for Nokia 7.1 is also with GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI means Generic System image.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer mracar who work hard on this project. With the help of Project treble, the custom ROM communities boosted ROM development.
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Nokia 7.1. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
How to install Android Pie on Nokia 7.1 based on Resurrection Remix 7.0
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section
- Now extract the Resurrection Remix 7.0 Android Pie GSI file and transfer both Android Pie system.img image and Gapps into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Nokia 7.1 based on Resurrection Remix 7.0. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.