Huawei launched the P20 Lite flagship smartphone March last year. The Huawei P20 Pro comes with 5.8-inch LTPS IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2280 pixels of resolutions and offers 19:9 aspect ratio. The phone powered by Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 659 (16 nm) processor under the hood along with Mali-T830 MP2 GPU. The phone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. There is no word when the phone get Android 9.0 Pie OS update,
Huawei P20 Lite featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 16-megapixel main and 2-megapixel secondary. On the front side, the phone has the same dual camera sensors, 16-megapixel and 2-megapixel for selfies and video calls. The phone is available in 4 GB of RAM with 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage options. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery inside the body along with Fast battery charging 9V/2A 18W feature. The phone is available in Klein Blue, Sakura Pink, Midnight Black options.
The Huawei P20 Lite came with Android 8.0 Oreo Operating system out of the box. The company did not release any firmware update for the phone yet. Huawei is not pretty good to release the Android OS updates for their phone. But Huawei P20 Lite may or may not get the Android Pie update from the company. If you don’t want to wait for the official updates and want to install and experience the latest Android OS, then there is a way to experience the latest Android interface by installing custom ROM.
Here in this article, we will guide you on how to download and install Android Pie on Huawei P20 Lite. The Android 9.0 Pie for Huawei P20 Lite is based on Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM. The Android Pie Resurrection Remix 7.0 ROM for Huawei P20 Lite is also with GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI means Generic System image. If you are the user of Galaxy J6 then this is the good news for you. You can now download and install Android Pie ASOP ROM with GSI on Huawei P20 Lite.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer mracar who work hard on this project. With the help of Project treble, the custom ROM communities boosted ROM development. Now the Budget devices based on Kirin and Exynos brands are also supported custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Mokee OS, Pixel Experience.
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei P20 Lite. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
How to install Android Pie on Huawei P20 Lite based on Resurrection Remix 7.0
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section
- Now extract the AOSP Android Pie GSI file and transfer both Android Pie system.img image and Gapps into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Huawei P20 Lite based on AOSP. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.