Samsung launched the Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone in 2015 SM-G925F. The phone came with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop out of the box, the company already upgraded the phone to Android 7.0 Nougat. The current version of the Android is 9.0 Pie. Samsung may or may not release Android 9.0 Pie update for the phone.
There is another way to experience Android 9.0 Pie on Galaxy S6 Edge by installing custom ROMs. Custom ROM is based on the Android version. There is one custom ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge which based on Android Pie operating system, called Pixel Experience.
According to the ROM name, it brings features that available in Google’s Pixel flagship phones. If you want to update your Galaxy S6 edge to Android Pie than this article will help you.
Here in this article, we will guide you on how to download and install Android Pie on Galaxy S6 Edge which based on Pixel Experience custom ROM.
Pixel Experience ROM:
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy S6 Edge. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
How to install Android Pie on Galaxy S6 Edge based on Pixel Experience ROM
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section and transfer files into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Oppo R11 based on Resurrection Remix 7.0. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.