Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 4 phone in 2014. It came with Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system out of the box. The company released Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system update for the phone officially. After that, the phone did not receive any other OS update.
Here is good news for those who still using this phone and want to experience the latest Android 9.0 Pie operating system experience on it. There is a unofficialLineage OS 16 custom ROM for the phone that based on Android Pie OS. Thanks to the XDA recognized developer ripee for developing this Android Pie custom ROM for Galaxy Note 4. If you want to know how to download and install Android Pie on Galaxy Note 4 which is based on Lineage OS 16 ROM.
Here in this article, we will guide you on how to update, download and install Android Pie on Galaxy Note 4. Just follow the article step by step.
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 model number. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Galaxy Note 4
- Download GApps
How to install Android Pie on Galaxy Note 4 based on Lineage OS 16
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section and transfer them into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Galaxy Note 4 based on Lineage OS 16. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.