Samsung launched the Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone back in August 2016. The phone comes with the 5.5-inch display panel that supports 1080 x 1920 pixels of resolutions. It powered by Octa-Core Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm) processor under the hood. The Galaxy J7 Prime has a 13-megapixel camera on the back side and 8-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies. The phone came with 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage option.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. The Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone got last OS update is Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. Currently, the latest version of Android is 9.0 Pie. There is no way that the company released Android Pie update for the Galaxy J7 Prime. But you can still experience the Android 9.0 Pie interface on Galaxy J7 Prime by download and installing Android Pie based custom ROM on it.
The One UI is one of the custom ROM that based on Android 9.0 Pie Ported ROM for Galaxy J7 Prime. This is an unofficial custom ROM and also known as PrometheusOneUI. The Android Pie One UI ROM for Galaxy J7 Prime is still in Beta phase. According to the developer, there are issues in the ROM that you will notice once you installed it. But these issues are not serious though, the developer team is working hard to fix the bugs.
If you have Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone and want to experience Android Pie interface on it, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to download and install Android Pie on Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610X) which is based on PrometheusOneUI custom ROM. We have mentioned Android Pie downloading link below in the download section. Follow the article completely step by step.
Features in PrometheusOneUI ROM:
- Fully ported A600N/A105FN ROM
- Android 9.0
- Samsung OneUI V1.1
- Full international Languages added to A600N base
- Full DualSIM Support
- SafetyNet CTS Pass
- Heavily debloated
- Very Optimised
- Battery and performance focused
- Full Samsung OneUI without missing vital apps
- Rootable with Magisk
- RMM/KnoxGuard/Defex Free
- And many more
- All the original features are present (Wifi, Bluetooth, etc)
- A10 Wallpapers + Multi Wallpaper sets
- Latest Camera UI
- DolbyAtmos With DualSpeaker mods
- Adjusted the framework for 16:9 Aspect ratio (instead of buggy 18.5:9)
- DE-Knoxed and disabled Additional Samsung root preventions and security spams
- Note 8 modded OMC with Additional Features
- VoLTE Support for INS users and countries that use it
- Uptodate APN Configration
- Added navbar selection (Aroma)
- Heavily Debloated with a BLOAT add-ons (Aroma)
- Added exclusive Samsung apps (Aroma)
- Dual sound and BoostedAudio configs (Aroma)
- 1700+ Fonts MOD (Aroma)
- IOS 12 / Android Pie Emojis (Aroma)
- Goodlock 2019 Suite (Aroma)
- AdAway (Aroma)
- BixbyHome And Bixby Routines
- Full Pie YUVA Suite (SecureWifi, AppLock, Call Blocker and so on)
- Native Screen Videorecorder
- Native Call recorder
- Many prop tweaks
- Many feature tweaks
- And many more additions from My previous ROMs
- Check the changelogs for the FULL feature set
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy J7. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy J7
How to Install Android Pie on Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610X) based on One UI
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section and transfer it into internal storage of the phone.
- Now turn off your phone and reboot it in TWRP recovery by the press and hold Vol Up + Power button to enter TWRP Recovery
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the ROM zip file and flash it.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Galaxy J7 based on One UI. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.