Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus was launched in earlier 2016. It came with Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system out of the box. There is not a single update released by the company for the phone, so far. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, upgrade, download and install Android Oreo on Vibe K5 Plus which is based on LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus is a custom ROM which based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS. The LineageOS 15 Android Oreo for Vibe K5 Plus is still in alpha stage and it may have few bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device during the process.
If you have Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus smartphone and want to update to Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to update, download and install Android Oreo on Vibe K5 Plus.
- RIL (Calls, SMS,)
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
- SELinux is permissive
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
How to install Android Oreo on Vibe K5 Plus based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After flash LineageOS 15 ROM on the device, now flash patch.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus based on LineageOS 15 ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.