Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 3s smartphone back in June last year. It comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system out of the box along with MIUI 8. After that, there is no OS update released for the Xiaomi Redmi 3s by the company. Here in this article, we are going to guide you how to download and install Android Oreo on Redmi 3s which is based on AOSP Xperience ROM.
AOSP Android Oreo ROM for Redmi 3s is based on Xperience custom ROM. AOSP Android 8.0 ROM is still in the initial stage and may have few bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Xiaomi Redmi 3s smartphone and want to upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo than you are at right place. Just follow the article to download and install Android Oreo on Redmi 3s which is based on AOSP Custom ROM.
- Sepolicy permissive
- fingerprint (detected but not able to add fingerprints)
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Redmi 3s. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
How to install Android Oreo on Redmi 3s based on AOSP Custom ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3s based on AOSP ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.