Motorola Moto G4 Play was launched in last year. It’s an another variant of the 4th Gen Moto G series smartphone. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box and upgradable up to Android 7.0 Nougat OS. Lenovo may release the Android 8.0 Oreo OS update for the Moto G4 Play in the future. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Play based on LineageOS 15.
The LineageOS 15 for Moto G4 Play is a custom ROM which is based on Android 8.o Oreo operating system. The LineageOS 15 Android Oreo for Moto G4 Play is still in the development phase and has many bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Moto G4 Play and want to update to Android Oreo OS on it, then you are at right place. Follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Play which is based on LineageOS 15 Custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto G4 Play. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Motorola Moto G4 Play based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Play based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’ll, you have installed the LineageOS 15 on Moto G4 Play which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. If you are facing any problem during the installation, let us know in the comment box.