Samsung has launched the Galaxy S5 smartphone back in 2014. It comes with the different market with a different model number, like Samsung G900F (Europe), G900I (Asia, Australia), G900M (Vodafone), G900A (AT&T), G900T (T-Mobile), G900W8 (Canada), G900K/G900L/G900S (Korea). It came with pre-installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system out of the box and upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS officially. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, upgrade, download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S5 based on LinesgeOS 15 Custom ROM.
The LineageOS 15 custom ROM for Galaxy S5 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo is still in the initial stage and it may have bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and want to update to Android Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S5 based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
- Home button
- Flash Light
- Many other things
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S5. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
How to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S5 based on LineageOS 15 ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 based on LineageOS 15 ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.