Asus launched the Zenfone Lite L1 ZA551KL smartphone last year in October. Its an affordable smartphone comes with decent specs on board. Asus Zenfone Lite L1 has a plastic body. It comes with a 5.45-inch IPS display panel that supports 720 x 1440 pixels of resolutions and offers 18:9 aspect ratio. The Zenfone Lite L1 runs on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. The phone powered by Octa Core CPU under the hood which clocks at 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53. On the board, the phone comes with Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (28 nm) chipset.
Asus Zenfone Lite L1 has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB, the phone also comes with dedicated micro SD card slot on board that supports up to 512 GB. It has Adreno 505 GPU on board. It featured with a single 13-megapixel camera on the back side with f/2.0 aperture, 1/3″ lens size, 1.12µm pixel size and PDAF, it also has LED flash on the rear panel. On the front side, the phone has a 5-megapixel camera for selfies and video calls. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery inside the body, the Zenfone Lite L1 available in Black and Gold color options.
Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Zenfone Lite L1 and install TWRP recovery on it. Just follow the article step by step. After rooting and install TWRP recovery on it you can do many things like installing Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Asus Zenfone Lite L1. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Asus Zenfone Lite L1.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Lite L1
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Zenfone Lite L1
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Asus Zenfone Lite L1 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.