A Chinese smartphone company, Xiaomi launched its latest flagship smartphone last month, called Xiaomi Mi 9. If you have Mi 9 flagship smartphone and want to customize it according to your need, then you need to root your phone and install TWRP recovery on it. Here in this article, we will show you how to root Xiaomi Mi 9 and install TWRP custom Recovery on it.
Xiaomi Mi 9 comes with 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display panel that supports 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution and offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The display of the phone protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6. It powered by Octa Core Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) processor on board along with Adreno 640 GPU. The phone available in 6 GB and 8 GB of RAM variants with 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage, respectively. Unfortunately, there is no micro SD card slot on board.
The phone featured with triple camera sensors on the back side, 48-megapixel main camera, 16-megapixel ultrawide camera and 12-megapixel telephoto camera. The phone packed with Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery inside the body and supports Fast battery charging 27W (Quick Charge 4+) and Fast wireless charging 20W feature. There is a fingerprint scanner available under the display.
If you have Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone and want to root it and install TWRP recovery, then you’re at the right place. Here in this article, we will show you how to root Xiaomi Mi 9 and install TWRP recovery on it. Just follow the steps to root the Mi 9. After installing TWRP Recovery on your phone users can able to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Mi 9. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Mi 9.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 9
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Xiaomi Mi 9
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi 9 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.