starting this year, Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 7 smartphone. It comes with 6.3-inch IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolutions and offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The phone also offers a teardrop notch design. The Redmi Note 7 powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 512 GPU. The phone available in three RAM and memory variants, one comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage, the second has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB and last 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage. It also supports micro SD card up to 256 GB.
In terms of camera, the Redmi Note 7 featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with Dual LED flash. The rear cameras configuration, 48-megapixel main camera and 5-megapixel secondary camera. On the front side, there is a 13-megapixel camera for selfies. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box along with MIUI 10 running on top. It packed with Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery and supports Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 4). The phone also has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
Here in this article, we show you how to root Redmi Note 7 and install TWRP custom Recovery on it. Just follow the article step by step to root and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. After rooting and install TWRP recovery on it you can do many things like installing Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Redmi Note 7. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Redmi Note 7.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Redmi Note 7
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.