Xiaomi launched the affordable Redmi 6 smartphone back in June last year. It comes with pretty good specs on board. It features a 5.45-IPS display panel that supports 720 x 1440 pixel of resolutions and offers 18:9 aspect ratio. The Redmi 6 powered by Octa-core MMediaTekMT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm) processor under the hood along with PowerVR GE8320 GPU. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box. The company promised that the phone will get the Android 9.0 Pie operating system update in the future.
The phone is available in 3 GB of RAM with 32 GB internal storage option and 4 GB of RAM with 64 GB internal storage. The Redmi 6 also supports micro SD card up to 256 GB. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. It featured with a 13-megapixel camera on the back side and 5-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies.
If you have this affordable smartphone and want to install root it and install TWRP custom recovery to customize it more, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you to root Redmi 6 and Install TWRP Recovery on it. Just follow the article step by step.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- You can flash Custom ROM on Redmi 6 using TWRP
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Redmi 6. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Redmi 6.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Redmi 6
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi 6 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.