A Chinese smartphone company launched Nubia Z18 smartphone back in September last year. It comes with a 5.99-inch IPS display panel that offers 1080×2160 pixels of resolutions. The phone comes with nearly nonexistent side bezels and very small bezels on top and bottom. It offers a 91.8% screen to body ratio. The Nubia Z18 powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 processor under the hood. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box.
ZTE Nubia Z18 has 6 GB and 8 GB of RAM variants along with 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage option. unfortunately, there is no micro SD card slot in the board. The phone packed with non-removable 3,450 mAh battery and also comes with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0 and something called Neo Power temperature control. It featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 24-megapixel main camera and 16-megapixel secondary camera. On the front side, the phone has an 8-megapixel camera for selfies. On the back side, there is a fingerprint scanner too.
If you are using the well designed Nubia Z18 smartphone and want to customize it more, then this article for you. To customize the phone, you need to install TWRP custom Recovery on it and Root the device. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to Root Nubia Z18 and Install TWRP Recovery on it.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on ZTE Nubia Z18.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on ZTE Nubia Z18.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- You can flash Custom ROM on ZTE Nubia Z18 using TWRP
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for ZTE Nubia Z18. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the ZTE Nubia Z18.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on ZTE Nubia Z18
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root ZTE Nubia Z18
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your ZTE Nubia Z18 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.