Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Moto G7 Plus and install TWRP Recovery on it. If you have Motorola G7 Plus smartphone and want to customize according to your needs, then follow the article step by step. After installing TWRP Recovery on your phone users can able to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
Motorola launched Moto G7 Plus smartphone last month. It comes with 6.2-inch IPS display panel and supports 1080 x 2270 pixels of resolution and offers 19:9 aspect ratio. It also comes with a teardrop notch design. The phone powered by Octa-core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm) processor along with Adreno 509 GPU on board. The Moto G7 Plus has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage with micro SD card support up to 512 GB.
The Moto G7 Plus featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with Dual-LED dual-tone flash. The rear camera configuration, 16-megapixel main camera and 5-megapixel secondary camera. On the front side, the phone comes with a 12-megapixel camera for selfies. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box. The phone packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery and also supports Fast battery charging 27W. The phone available in Deep Indigo, Viva Red color options.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Motorola Moto G7 Plus. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Motorola Moto G7 Plus.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Moto G7 Plus
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Motorola Moto G7 Plus and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.