How to Root Huawei P20 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery
Huawei launched the P20 Pro flagship smartphone August last year. The Huawei P20 Pro comes with 6.1-inch OLED display panel that supports 1080 x 2240 pixels of resolutions and offers 18.7:9 aspect ratio. The phone powered by Octa-Core Hisilicon Kirin 970 (10 nm) processor under the hood along with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box. The company already released Android 9.0 Pie OS update for the phone that based on EMUI 8.1 UI.
Huawei P20 featured with Triple camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 40-megapixel main, 20-megapixel and 8-megapixel. On the front side, the phone has 24-megapixel for selfies and video calls. The phone is available in 6 GB and 8 GB of RAM variants. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery inside the body along with Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A 22.5W feature. The phone is available in Black, Gold color options.
If you have Huawei P20 Pro smartphone and to root it, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Huawei P20 Pro and install TWRP recovery. Just follow the article step by step.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Huawei P20 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Huawei P20 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei P20 Pro. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Huawei P20 Pro.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Huawei P20 Pro
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Huawei P20 Proand installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.