Huawei launched the Mate 20 X flagship smartphone in October last year. It came with 7.2-inch OLED display panel that offers 1080 x 2244 pixels of resolutions. The phone powered by Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor under the hood along with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. The phone runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system along with EMUI 9 running on top. The phone has 6 Gb of RAM and 128 Gb internal storage along with micro SD card support up to 256 GB. The phone comes with teardrop notch.
The phone featured with triple camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash. The camera configuration is 40-megapixel main camera with f/1.8 aperture, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF/Laser AF, 20-megapixel f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide) camera sensors and 8-megapixel f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto) camera sensor. It has 24-megapixel selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, 26mm (wide). It packed with Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery inside the body and supports Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A 22.5W.
Here in this article, we will show you how to root Huawei Mate 20 X and install TWRP recovery on it. Just follow the steps to root the Mate 20 X. After installing TWRP Recovery on your phone users can able to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei Mate 20 X. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Huawei Mate 20 X.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 X
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Huawei Mate 20 X
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Huawei Mate 20 X and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.