Samsung launched Galaxy M20 smartphone a couple of months ago. The Galaxy M20 is a mid-range smartphone and comes with amazing features. It has 6.3-inch PLS TFT display panel that supports 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolutions and offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The phone powered by Octa-Core Exynos 7904 Octa (14 nm) processor on board along with Mali-G71 MP2 GPU.
The Galaxy M20 available in 3 GB and 4 GB of RAM along with 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage, respectively. It featured with dual rear camera sensors, 13-megapixel main and 5megapixel secondary camera. The Galaxy M20 packed with Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery along with Fast battery charging 15W feature. There is a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
If you have Galaxy M20 amazing smartphone and want to customize it, then you are at right place. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Galaxy M20 and install TWRP recovery on Galaxy M20. Just follow the steps to root Galaxy M20. After installing TWRP Recovery on your phone users can able to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy M20. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Samsung Galaxy M20.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy M20
- Download both Galaxy M20 TWRP custom Recovery and Odin on your PC/Laptop.
- Now, run the Odin.exe file.
- Now, turn off your phone and reboot it into download mode, press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- After successfully connected, you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Now click on AP/PDA button and select download TWRP Recovery file.
- Now, got to the options tab and unchecked the re-partition.
- Now, click on the start button and wait for completion.
You have installed TWRP Recovery successfully on Samsung Galaxy M20 smartphone.
Root Galaxy M20
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy M20 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.