September Last year, Samsung launched the Galaxy J6 Plus (Galaxy J6+) mid-range smartphone. The Galaxy J6 Plus comes with the 6-inch IPS display panel that supports 720 x 1480 pixels of resolutions and offers 18.5:9 ratio aspect ratio. It powered by Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) Processor under the hood along with Adreno 308. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box.
The phone available in 3 GB and 4 GB RAM options along with 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage, respectively. The Galaxy J6 Plus featured with dual camera sensors on the back side along with LED flash, 13-megapixel main camera and 5-megapixel secondary camera. On the front side, it has an 8-megapixel camera for selfies. It packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery. The phone comes with a side mounted fingerprint scanner.
If you have this powerful mid-range smartphone and want to customize and root it, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Galaxy J6 Plus and install TWRP recovery on it. This tutorial only works on Galaxy J6 Plus SM-J610F, SM-J610FN/DS, SM-J610G/DS models. Just follow the article step by step.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy j6 Plus SM-J610F/FN/G/DS model number variants. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy j6 Plus
- Download both Galaxy J6 Plus TWRP custom Recovery and Odin on your PC/Laptop.
- Now, run the Odin.exe file.
- Now, turn off your phone and reboot it into download mode, press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- After successfully connected, you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Now click on AP/PDA button and select download TWRP Recovery file.
- Now, got to the options tab and unchecked the re-partition.
- Now, click on the start button and wait for completion.
You have installed TWRP Recovery successfully on Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus smartphone.
How to Root Galaxy J6 Plus
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy J6 Plus and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.