Elephone A5 was launched Nov last year, it comes with a 6.18-inch IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2246 pixels of resolution and offers 403 PPI density. The display of the phone protected by a 2.5D curved glass. Elephone A5 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box. It powered by Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 MT6771 processor under the hood along with ARM Mali-G72 GPU.
The phone available in 4 GB and 6 Gb of RAM along with 64 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage option, respectively. The Elephone A5 has a micro SD card slot on board that supports up to 256 GB. It featured with triple camera sensors on the back side, along with dual-tone LED flash. The rear camera configuration is a 12-megapixel main camera, 5-megapixel and 0.3-megapixel secondary cameras. On the front side, the Elephone A5 has a 20-megapixel camera and a 2-megapixel camera. It packed with Non-Removable 4000 mAh Lithium-Polymer with 9V/1.8A Power Adaptor Battery feature.
If you have this smartphone and want to customize it, then you need to root and install TWRP recovery on it. Here in this article, we will guide you on how to root Elephone A5 and install TWRP recovery on it. Just follow the article step by step. After rooting and install TWRP recovery on it you can do many things like installing Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, even backup and restore any ROM.
We will not responsible if anything happens to your device during these steps. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Elephone A5. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Elephone A5.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Elephone A5
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Elephone A5
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Elephone A5 and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.