Motorola launched the Moto X Play smartphone 2 years ago. It came with pre-installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system out of the box, the company already upgraded the phone to Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS. We have doubt that the company might be released the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Moto X Play. Here in this article, we are going to tell you how to download and install Android Oreo on Moto X Play based on LineageOS 15 ROM.
LineageOS15 is a custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system for Moto X Play. Android 8.0 Oreo LineageOS 15 ROM for Moto X Play is still in the initial stage and it may have bugs or may not boot at all. So proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Moto X Play smartphone and want to install Android Oreo custom ROM on it, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to download and install Android Oreo on Moto X Play which is based on LinengeOS 15.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto X Play. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Moto X Play based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
Download and install Android Oreo on Moto X Play based on LineageOS
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Moto X Play based on LineageOS 15 ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.