Huawei Honor 5X was launched in 2015, it comes with different names in the different markets, like Huawei Honor X5, Huawei GR5; Huawei GR5W (Canada). It runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system out of the box which is upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, update, upgrade and install Android Oreo on Honor 5X which is based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM for Honor 5X which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. LineageOS Android oreo for Honor 5X is still in the initial stage and it may have few bugs or may not boot at all. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Huawei Honor 5X smartphone and want test new features of the Android 8.0 Oreo on it, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to download, update and install Android Oreo on Honor 5X which is based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 5X. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Honor 5X based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
Download and install Android Oreo on Honor 5X based on LineageOS 15 ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Honor 5X based on AOSP ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.