Samsung Galaxy S6 was launched in March 2015 and it came with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system out of the box and upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat OS. Samsung may be released the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the phone. But here in this article, we will guide you how to update, upgrade, download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 G920WD Canada variant which is based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
LineageOS is custom ROM which based on Android version operating system. LineageOS 15 Android Oreo for Galaxy S6 G920WD is still in the Beta stage and it may have few bugs. SO, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Samsung Galaxy S6 G920WD smartphone want to update to Android 8.0 Oreo without waiting for the official update, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 G920WD which is based on LineageOS 15 Custom ROM.
- Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- GPS works only on device mode
- Some video codecs are not played properly
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920WD. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
Download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 G920WD (Canada)
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 G920WD based on LineageOS 15 ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.