Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S5 Mini G800M based on LineageOs 15. If you have Galaxy S5 Mini G800M model and want to update to Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S5 Mini G800M based on LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is a custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system which was released by Google in August. LineageOs 15 Android Oreo for Galaxy S5 Mini is still in the initial stage and it’s only a preview. This ROM may have few bugs and do not use as a daily driver. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device during installation.
- HW accelerated GUI
- Fingerprint scanner
- Hardware sensors (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter)
- Light sensor (needed for auto-brightness)
- Pulse sensor (preliminary and very inaccurate. Works with Apps like Kardiograph)
- Mobile Data
- MTP storage
- USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage) [Mass-Storage file-systems are not recognized correctly]
- Initiate and receive calls
- Flash Light
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini G800M model. Don’t try it on other models.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini G800M
- Download GApps
Download and install Android Oreo On Galaxy S5 Mini G800M
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Galaxy S5 Mini G800M based on LineageOS 15 ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.