Twitter is one such social media platforms, which gradually moves from being a handy connecting app to a whole day consuming platform. Scrolling through the never-ending feeds and posts becomes an all-day/all-night job! Realizing this that you spend a horrifying amount of time using Twitter may conclude that you need a break. Moreover, this might be the time to either deactivate it or say a permanent goodbye.
If you are, yet to get convinced with the idea of permanently deleting this app from your life, then there is a way to keep you aside from Twitter for a period and that is obviously Deactivating the account for 30 days only. For this 30days period all your tweets, profiles, replies, feeds, everything will be hidden until you log in back. Once you normally login back, each of your data is restored automatically.
On the contrary, if you want to delete your Twitter account permanently be ready to lose all your profile information, and if you log in back even these will never be restored. In addition, you can take the same username later as it might be taken. So if you have planned to delete twitter account be prepared to give it a forever farewell.
Deactivating the Twitter Account
Given steps will make it easy for you to deactivate your Twitter account
- Under your Profile icon click on ‘Settings and Privacy’ from the drop-down menu
- You will find the ‘Deactivate’ option in the ‘Account’ section of the menu
- Click on it and enter your password to continue the deactivation
Viola! Your account is successfully deactivated. Now you are all set to spend your time with nature!
Nevertheless, deactivating is not the solution for you as it craves to log in again!
Downloading Twitter Archive
Before deleting the account permanently, it’s good to play safe by saving or creating a data backup of your Twitter account. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Log in to your Twitter account on twitter.com.
- Go to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ from your profile picture in the top right corner
- Scroll down the page and click on ‘Request your archive’
- A notification will come stating that Twitter will send you a link on your email address to download the archive.
- Go to your email and click on the link to start the download process.
Now, as you have a backup of all your Twitter data you can freely delete the account permanently. The archive will have all your tweets and profile details.
Deleting the Twitter Account
Time to give a final goodbye to your Twitter account follow the given steps:
- Click either on the ‘Profile’ icon or on the ‘Hamburger’ menu (depending on the version of your app)
- Tap on the ‘Account’ option under ‘Settings and privacy’ section
- Select ‘Deactivate your account’
- A window will be prompted to enter your password
- Proceed by entering the password and tap ‘Deactivate’
- Give your confirmation by clicking on ‘Yes’
You will now never be able to login to the same account. Though need not to worry as our lovely social media platforms want to us to be with them. Hence, you can make a new Twitter account and start from scratch whenever you want. So, happy tweeting as it’s never the end!