Motorola has launched the Moto Z Play smartphone back in August 2016, there is also another variant of the phone called Motorola Moto Z Play Droid in the USA. Here in this article, we are going to guide you how to download, update and install Android Oreo on Moto Z Play which is based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
Motorola Moto Z Play comes with pre-install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system out of the box and the company already upgraded the phone to Android 7.1.1. The company planned that it would release the Android 8.0 Oreo update in future. In August, Google has launched the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Mobile operating system. But there is no confirmed date when the company release the Android Oreo update for the Moto Z Play smartphone.
If you have Motorola Moto Z Play smartphone and want to test new features of the Android Oreo and don’t want to wait for the official update, then you can go for custom ROMs which are based on Android OS. One of the custom ROM developers has developed the LineageOS 15 custom ROM for the Moto Z Play Droid which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system.
Just follow the article to upgrade, download and install Android Oreo on Moto Z Play which is based on LineageOS 15 ROM. Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Moto Z Play smartphone which is based on LineageOS 15 ROM is still in initial stage it may have few bugs or may not boot at all. So, proceed at your own risk, we will not be responsible if anything happens to your phone.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto Z Play or Moto Z Play Droid. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Moto Z Play based on LineageOS 15.
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Moto Z Play or Moto Z Play Droid based on LineageOS 15 ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.