Sony Xperia T was launched in 2012, it came with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system out of the box and upgraded to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. There is no change for Xperia T user to get the Android latest 8.0 Update. But still, you can download and install the Android Oreo on Xperia T based on AOSP custom ROM. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, upgrade, download and install Android Oreo on Xperia T based on Custom ROM.
The AOSP is a custom ROM for the Xperia T smartphone which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Xperia T is still in the initial stage and it may have few bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Sony Xperia T smartphone and want to update to Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article, to upgrade, download and install Android Oreo on Xperia T which is based on AOSP custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia T. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Xperia T based on AOSP
- Download GApps
Download and install Android Oreo on Xperia T based on AOSP ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Sony Xperia T based on AOSP ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.