OnePlus One was launched in 2014 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system out the box. The company already released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to the phone. Here in this article, we will guide you how to download and install Android Oreo on OnePlus One (bacon) which is based on AOSP custom ROM.
The AOSP is an unofficial custom ROM for OnePlus One which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. The RO is still in Beta stage which may have few minor bugs. If you have OnePlus One flagship killer smartphone and want to install Android 8.0 Oreo OS on it, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to install Android Oreo on OnePlus One based on AOSP.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for OnePLus One, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
Download and Install Android Oreo on OnePlus One based on AOSP
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
You have successfully installed AOSP custom ROM on OnePlus One which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you are facing any problem while installation, let us know in the comment section.