The Asus Zenfone Selfie ZE551KL was launched in June 2015 and comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system out of the box. The Zenfone Selfie is upgradable to 6.0 Marshmallow OS. Google has launched the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Mobile operating system, last month. Here in this article, we will guide you to how to download and install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone Selfie ZE551KL smartphone which based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
Lineage OS 15 is unofficial ROM for the Zenfone Selfie, which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo Operating system. Asus has not released Android 7.0 Nougat official update for the phone yet and We can’t be sure that the Zenfone selfie will get the Android 8.0 Oreo officially update. If you have Asus Zenfone Selfie ZE551KL smartphone and want to update it to Android Oreo, then you are at right place.
Just follow the article step by step to how to install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone Selfie based on LineageOS 15. The custom ROM is still in Alpha stage and it may have bugs. the LineageOS 15 custom ROM for Asus Zenfone Laser ZE551KL ( Z00T / Z00TD ), Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL ( Z00U / Z00UD / Z00UDH / Z00UDB ), Asus Zenfone Laser ZE601KL ( Z011 / Z011D / Z011DD ).
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE551KL, ZD551KL and ZE601KL. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Zenfone Selfie based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to Install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone Selfie based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it, You have installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM based on LineageOS 15 on Asus Zenfone Selfie smartphone. If you are facing any problem while installing this custom ROM, let us know in comment section.