Here in this article, we will guide you how to root Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie and install TWRP Custom Recovery. Asus has launched the new member of the ZenFone family in August month, called Asus ZenFone Selfie ZD553KL. It comes with 5.5-inch IPS display with 720 x 1280 pixels of resolution and supports 16:9 ratio. The ZenFone 4 Selfie ZD553KL smartphone is powered by Octa-Core Cortex-A53 CPU which clocks at 1.4 GHz and Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 chipset under the hood.
Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage option along with micro SD card support up to 256 GB. It comes with Adreno 505 for better graphics experience. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system out of the box. It featured with a 16-megapixel camera on the back side along with 26mm, EIS (gyro), phase detection autofocus and LED flash features. On the front side, it comes with dual camera sensors with LED flash, panorama and HDR feature for taking great selfies and video calls. One is a 20-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture, 31mm and another 8-megapixel camera. It is packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery and a fingerprint sensor on the back side.
If you have Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie ZD553KL smartphone and want to root it and install TWRP recovery, then you are at the right place. Follow the article step by step to root Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie ZD553KL and install TWRP recovery. After rooting, you can customize Your phone, uninstall unnecessary pre-installed apps, you can install root-only apps, you can install custom ROMs etc.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie ZD553KL. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the ZenFone 4 Selfie.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie ZD553KL
- Download the TWRP zip file from the link mentioned above and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Connect your device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alphanumeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After complete, reboot your device.
- You have installed TWRP Recovery Successfully on your device.
How to root Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie ZD553KL smartphone
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the link mentioned above and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie ZD553KL and installed TWRP custom Recovery. If you faced any problem during this process, let us know in the comment section.