Connect with us

News

Tesla’s stocks hit a record of $420 a share

Published

on

Spread the love

CEO Elon Musk, CEO TESLA once mentioned that he had a buyer who would take Tesla industries private at $420 a share. This never actually happened until the stock market got itself there on its own.

PC: Instagram

Elon Musks tweet in August 2018 said that he was considering taking Tesla private and that the funding for this venture was completely secure. At that point in time, the price per share was $379.57, which was nowhere in the vicinity of $420. There was increasing speculation bout the identity of the mystery buyer and several investors were of the opinion that Musk was making a joke since the number “420” has now come to be related to Cannabis culture.

The reference was not lost on CEO Musk as he joked about it and quoted it on Monday.

Soon after his tweet, Musk informed the media that Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund had come to him with propositions more than once in order to buy the company, but at the end of August last year, he said, “I believe the better path is for Tesla to remain a public entity”. This was announced soon after he met with the board for Tesla Industries.

Musk’s tweets got himself in trouble with the Securities and Exchange Commission and also with his investors. The tweets were potentially “misleading investors and shareholders” even though he never actually secured the funding that would take the company private. Musk paid the regulatory settlement fee of $20 million in October 2018 as he gave up his position as Chairman as well.

Tesla’s shares were majorly affected after the news of the potential private ownership broke out. In this year itself, it rose to about 27%.

On the day of the announcement itself, the shares rose to up to 11% even after trades were stopped for more than an hour. However, they never approached $420 as shareholders began to get skeptical.

Nearly a year and a half later, Tesla may still not have a potential buyer, but on Monday, at the beginning of holiday break, the shares finally plummeted to $420. It was an all time high for the stocks, marking a surprising end to the year.

Tesla announced new vehicles in 2019 such as the Cybertruck, an all electric ATC and the most important, Model Y. Beginning production in 2020 with factories opening in China and Germany, the competition in the electric car market has been growing intense.

The year started with a $700 million loss but crawled back into profitable territories in the third quarter. However, 2019 on a whole, is expected to be a year of loss for Tesla Industries.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Headlines

PM flags off “Kashi Mahakal Express” from Varanasi.

Published

on

kashi_mahakal_express
Spread the love

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday flagged off the third private train operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) between Varanasi and Indore. PM flagged off Kashi Mahakal Express via video conferencing from Varanasi. Till now IRCTC has already successfully launched two Private trains i.e Tejas Express trains on New Delhi-Lucknow and Mumbai-Ahmedabad routes.

The new Kashi Mahakal Express will connect three places — Jyotirlinga-Omkareshwar (near Indore in Madhya Pradesh), Mahakaleshwar (Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh) and Kashi Vishwanath (Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh). The private train will also connect industrial and educational hub of Indore, and Bhopal.

Varanasi-Indore Kashi Mahakal Express will depart from Varanasi at 3:15 pm every Sunday and will reach Indore at 9:40 am the next day. Indore-Varanasi Express will depart from Indore at 10:55 am every Monday and reach Varanasi at 5:00 am the next day. The train will halt at Ujjain, Sant Hirdaram Nagar, Bina, Jhansi, Kanpur and Allahabad stations in both directions.

Like the previous IRCTC private trains, the Kashi Mahakal Express will also follow a dynamic fare structure. One-way journey from Varanasi to Indore in Kashi Mahakal Express will cost Rs 1,951 inclusive of four meals. It is worth mentioning that the Indore-Varanasi Kashi Mahakal Express will be the first private train that will run overnight and for a comfortable long-distance journey, the train will feature a host of facilities.

IRCTC will serve vegetarian food onboard. Passengers will enjoy housekeeping services, on-board security services and bedrolls. Passengers will also get complimentary insurance of Rs 10 lakh.

The train will have an advance reservation period of 120 days and will only have general and foreign tourist quota. The current booking will be available to the passengers on the platform after preparation of first chart, four hours to five minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Will building a 400-meter long wall hide the truth of poverty in India from President Trump?

Published

on

Spread the love

On February 24-25 US President Donald Trump is scheduled to visit India. He will be attending the ‘Kem Chom Trump’ (How are you, Trump) program at Ahmedabad, India. Prior to it, in terms of preparations, a 400-meter-long and seven-feet-high wall is being constructed by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation in order to prevent the US leader from getting a glimpse of a slum situated next to the road from Ahmedabad Airport to Indira Bridge. On the other hand, contrary to the situation the Corporation is also fixing the path from Ahmedabad Airport to the Sardar Patel Motera Stadium. The slum district houses an estimated 800 families.

  Image Source: Google

According to media sources, Speaking on the situation a senior government official said: “the wall is being built for security reasons, and not to conceal the slum district”. The government official also conceded that the wall was part of a “beautification and cleanliness” drive.

On the other hand, as told to Reuters the contractor said that he is building it as the government “did not want the slum to be seen” when Trump passes by on the ride in from Ahmedabad’s airport. On a condition of not revealing the name the contractor also said, “I’ve been ordered to build a wall as soon as possible, over 150 masons are working round-the-clock to finish the project,”.

Also, Mayor Bijal Patel said that “I don’t know about it”.

The new construction of the wall made People living there very angry. According to a resident, who lives in this slum, says that “till now green cloth was put here but now a wall is being built up. If the government is ashamed of the poor, then concrete steps should be taken to remove poverty and instead of building walls in order to hide the reality. Now our homes will be surrounded by this wall, due to which the air, water will stop coming. Even here there is no sewer system, nor electricity. We have to live in the dark.

Some slum-dwellers whose homes will be cordoned off by the wall in Ahmedabad also said that “the government was wasting tax-payer money to hide the poor”.

In the visit, Modi and Trump will come to Ahmedabad from Delhi. The two leaders will reach the Motera Stadium via helicopter from the airport. After the program, Trump will fly to the airport directly by helicopter. Probably from here, he will leave for America. Apart from ‘Chem Chom Trump’, Trump is also expected to visit Sabarmati Ashram. They can go to Gandhi Ashramashram by road. Chinese President Xi visited Ahmedabad in 2014. There were pictures of Modi-Jinping swinging on a single swing on the riverfront.

Ahead of the US presidential election in November, this visit provides Trump the opportunity to woo the support of hundreds of thousands of Indian-American voters. Speaking at the White House on Tuesday, Trump also quoted Modi as saying “millions and millions of people” would attend the rally.

Whatever the situation may be but handling and hiding the truth like this way doesn’t seem viable. Better would have been if the houses of these people have been built from the same construction material instead of a wall or in reality the consistent poverty-ridden status of India has been demolished totally.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

India, Portugal Signed 14 agreements to boost cooperation

Published

on

India, Portugal Signed 14 agreements to boost cooperation
Spread the love

India and Portugal on Friday exchanged 14 agreements and understandings in a number of key areas, including maritime, intellectual property rights, aerospace and scientific research, as President Ram Nath Kovind hosted his Portuguese counterpart.
Kovind received Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on his first state visit to India.

Kovind said “Portugal-India relations are very special and the two countries enjoy 500 years of shared history”. “The two countries are closely tied together through Goa and Mumbai, through our culture, language and kinship,” he said.

Kovind thanked Portugal for extending its support for the commemoration of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary.

The president said the “India-Portugal bilateral agenda has expanded several folds. The two countries are collaborating in science and technology, defence, education, innovation and start-up, water and environment among other things”.

Calling terrorism a grave threat to the entire world, Kovind said, “We should deepen our cooperation further to defeat and destroy this global menace.”

India told a high-level event on peacekeeping that working in partnerships is key to successful peacekeeping, underlining that professional competence of those engaged in all aspects of this global enterprise cannot be substituted or compromised.
India along with Portugal, Senegal, Uruguay and Vietnam co-hosted the high-level event Improving peacekeeping performance: A year since UNSCR 2436′ initiated by the US here Friday.

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres thanked the US and the event’s co-hosts, India, Portugal, Senegal, Uruguay and Vietnam, for convening the event and for their support to United Nations peacekeeping operations.

India believes that even while broad participation in peacekeeping is important to enhance global solidarity, there can be no substitute for professional competence of those engaged in all aspects of this global enterprise, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin said in his address at the event. Working in partnerships is key to successful peacekeeping.

He stressed that guidelines require that the Peacekeeping Capability Readiness System (PCRS) should be the sole mechanism for the selection of a military or police unit for deployment.

A diversity in terms of deployment needs is understandable, and some variations are inevitable. However, choices and selections need to be made from within the same spectrum of options, he said, adding that those not part of the PCRS are best avoided.

Akbaruddin also highlighted that in selection, units without caveats should have precedence over units pledged with caveats, as these will not tie down the hands of Force Commander in operational decisions.

In short, we need to have a selection policy’ that is a natural extension of the PCRS to ensure that the most ready, capable, well-equipped and willing contingents are selected for deployment, he said.

He also stressed on the need for instances of under-performance to be assessed, saying such assessment needs to examine whether there were units available at higher levels in PCRS that were overlooked during selection; whether caveats have impacted performance; whether poor performance is due to lack of resources, including equipment; or whether the mandate, including guidelines, were not clear, resulting in unsatisfactory implementation.

Honest assessment and feedback is essential to have an effective accountability system. Assessing performance without determining accountability will leave us open to repeating errors, he said.

India is among the largest troop contributors to UN peacekeeping. India has co-deployed troops from Kazakhstan as part of its battalion in the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon.

In partnership with the US, India also co-hosts the UN Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP), with special focus on capacity building in peacekeeping. India and the US have also deployed a joint Mobile Training Team (MTT) to Zambia for conducting training in peacekeeping.
Addressing the event, Guterres said “performance is a collective responsibility of all those involved in peacekeeping. This responsibility starts with the Security Council, and the adequate defining of mandates”.

Performance is also the responsibility of Member States as troop and police contributors, host governments, members of the General Assembly, as financial contributors and providers of capacity-building support.

Continue Reading

Health

NCW Takes Suo Moto Cognizance After Girls Stripped To Check Period Status

Published

on

Spread the love

In Gujarat in a girls hostel located in Bhuj, 68 girls were allegedly asked to strip naked to prove their menstruation status after authorities found a sanitary pad in the garden area on campus. The took Suo moto cognizance of the incident was taken by the National Commission for Women(NCW).

This shameful activity was conducted by the principal Rita Raniga and teachers of Sahjanand Girls’ Institute which is run by Swaminarayan Temple followers. The issue arose when a soiled sanitary napkin was found in the garden outside the hostel on Monday. Suspecting one of the students who live in the hostel must have thrown out of the window the hostel authority wanted to find the culprit who violated the menstrual cycle norms of the college.

This was informed to principal Raniga who summoned all the students to the common room to give a severe lecture about the incident and about Swaminarayan sect rules asking the culprit to declare themselves. Two girls did come forward but the principal suspected foul play and checked every student one by one in the washroom in front of four female teachers and the principal herself.

In the statement of a student, it was some sheer mental torture leaving them with no words to describe it. According to another student, these women were interrupted during class and asked to reveal who was on periods after which they forced the people to go through the check-test. In the words of another student, this was routine happening.

The NCW has planned to step in with setting up an enquiry team to look into the matter. NCW has also written to the trustee and principal of Sahjanand Girls’ Institute to give an explanation for the occurrence of such a shameful incident. The chief of Delhi Commission for Women called the whole incident sick and cheap online with a link to the story. Though denied by the trustees, the college is said to mandate graduate students to stay in the hostel and if they do want to attend court hearings they should leave the hostel after signing a declaration denying anything that happened to them.

Authorities of Kutch University have been informed were a five-member team including Darshna Dholakia the vice-chancellor in charge and two other senior female professors visited the college. The students were asked to forget the incident by the college trustee Pravin Pindoria saying that the teachers might have enforced the sect rules a bit strict but the girls should follow as they were already informed of the rules.

Some of these rules involve girls with periods will stay in the basement area and not hostel rooms. They are not allowed to socialize or enter the kitchen or place of worship. They have to keep separate items including utensils and clean all of them after the period is over. What’s worse as girls on their periods are supposed to sit in the last bench of the classrooms.

Continue Reading

Americas

Mexico In Outrage As Picture Of Mutilated Body Of A Murdered Woman Published

Published

on

Spread the love

In Mexico, a 25-year-old woman was brutally killed and mutilated has sparked outrage after a leaked picture of the victim’s disfigured body gets a space in the front pages of newspapers and in digital news websites. The public has demanded the country’s laws to be changed after the picture gets leaked by media outlets.

On Sunday, authorities announced that police arrived at Ingrid Escamilla’s home in Mexico City and found her dead skinned corpse where few of her organs were missing. This was considered to be a part of the ongoing streak of violent crimes against women in Mexico. A man of 46 years was arrested as he was covered in blood was also found near the scene.

Leaked videos and photos have come up where a bloodied man was found confessing of killing the woman after a heated argument where the woman threatened to kill him. He claimed to skin her further to remove evidence. It is unclear whether the man was had legal representation.

According to the Mexico City’s mayor Claudia Sheinbaum, the prosecutors would demand maximum sentence against the alleged perpetrator who in views of the police was the woman’s husband. She says that femicide is an absolute condemnable crime where hatred reached an extreme like in the case of Escamilla.

But what sparked the actual outrage was the release of the leaked photo of the victim’s body in local tabloids and digital news websites. Pasala was one of the papers that showed the photos on the front page with a headline that said: “It was Cupid’s fault.” Several activists are on streets calling for a change in the way cases of violence is reported or handled by newspapers and media outlets. This included Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador who has remained critical over the response to the killing.

On the other hand, Mexico City Prosecutor’s office is looking to investigate civil servants over the leak and making it a crime to distribute images of victims. On Thursday, López Obrador in a press conference asked for punishment for leaking the pictures especially when the country has an increase of 137 per cent in femicides it is necessary such cases are handled sensitively.

Continue Reading

Trending