Karl Otto Lagerfeld, 85 years old, an iconic fashion designer, creative director of Chanel French Fashion house and also a creative director of the Italian fur and leather goods for Fendi Fashion house, who lived in Paris, died after battling with pancreatic cancer on February 19, 2019 on the American Hospital of Paris in Neuilly-Sur-Seine. He admitted to the American Hospital of Paris on 18 February 2019.
Lagerfeld was born in Hamburg, on 10 September 1933. His parents are Elizabeth and Otto Lagerfeld. His father was a businessman of an evaporated milk company. He had an older sister Martha Christiane “Christel” from his father a first wife. Lagerfeld also faked his birth year and his parent’s background, he claimed that he born in 1938 but baptismal register proved that he was born on 10 September 1933. He went to private school at the Lycee Montaigne in Paris for majoring in drawing and history.
Karl Lagerfeld Achievements
- At the age of sixteen, Lagerfeld entered in a coat designed competition for International Wool Secretariat in 1955 and won the competition and was hired by Pierre Balmain, and worked as his assistant for three years.
- He became the artistic director for Jean Patou in 1958. Lagerfeld designed for brands like Chloe, Krizia, and Valentino in 1964.
- He was hired by Fendi in 1967. Karl introduced the use of mole, rabbit and squirrel pelts in a high fashion which proved his designer groundbreaking.
- Lagerfeld was hired by Chanel in 1980s, since the death of Coco Chanel designer. He created the logo of Coco Chanel “CC” as a style pattern for the Chanel Fashion house.
- He started his own brand “Karl Lagerfeld” established to channel “intellectual sexiness” in 1984.
- Lagerfeld and founder of Diesel Renzo Rosso for special denim collection for Lagerfeld Gallery and were presented during the Paris Fashion Week in 2002, 90% of the trousers sold out during the first week, even with prices from $240 to $1840.
- He launched fitted T-shirts for men and women with a wide range of jeans in December 2006.
- In 2007 a documentary film was made by Vogues “Lagerfeld Confidential” on Karl Lagerfeld.
- Lagerfeld created teddy bear produced by Steiff, sold for $1500 in 2008 and many things like pins, dolls and more.
- The Couture Council of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology awarded him with an award in September 2010.
- Lagerfeld and Swedish crystal manufacturer Orrefors design a crystal art collection, launched in spring 2011.
- He launched a vast collection of Suzanne Belperron’s pins and brooches for the Chanel Spring Summer 2012 collection.
- Lagerfeld directed a short film Once Upon a time…
- He collab with Carpenter Workshop Gallery to launch an art collection of sculptures in October 2018.
FaceApp an access your gallery even you have permission set to ‘never’
CWC 2019: Top 3 Bowlers
Virat Kohli: The face of Modern Indian cricket
Is Capital Punishment Effective?
FaceApp: Everything you need to know about the viral app
2019 Wimbledon Gentlemen’s Final
Zomato Works With Feeding India To Serve One Lakh Meals In A Day
Selena Gomez Net Worth in 2019
Five Football records that are almost impossible to break
CWC 2019: Prize Money that the Indian Team won
Water Crisis in India: Reasons behind cities like Chennai turning dry
7 different types of Yoga and their health benefits
G20 Summit : Trump jokes with Putin on Russian meddling and journalists issue
US further sanctions Iran, its supreme leader amid fear of escalating tensions
How to Create Channels On YouTube?
Swimming In Oceans Ups Infection Risk
International Museum Day 2019: Best 5 Museums Around The World
iOS 13: Everything you need to know About Apple’s Next Generation Operating System
PSG signs in midfielder Pablo Sarabia
ICC World Cup 2019 Match 22: India vs Pakistan Match Highlights
De De Pyaar De (2019) official trailer is out: Starring Ajay Devgan, Tabu & Rakul Preet Singh
Top 10 Fastest Centuries In ODI Cricket
The Perfect Date 2019 movie releasing on April 12
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World movie releasing on March 22 in India
Ladies First in On Netflix : Know About Deepika Kumari’s Inspiring Story!
Hellboy (2019) movie soon hit theaters on April 12
The Angry Birds Movie 2 releasing on August 2019
Akshay Kumar looks with all bravery in upcoming movie ‘Kesari’ trailer
URI: The Surgical Strike: Beats Amitabh Bachchan’s Film Anand on IMDb List
Nawazuddin Siddiqui & Sanya Malhotra starring together for movie ‘Photograph’ by Amazon Studios
- Gadgets6 days ago
Google Nest Hub Max: Everything you need to know
- Apps News7 days ago
YouTube Targets Teenagers By Bringing New Education Feature Called Learning Playlist
- Business6 days ago
SBI Credit Cards – Everything You Need To Know About
- Business6 days ago
SBI Waives Off IMPS, NEFT, RTGS Charges For Online Fund Transfer