Connect with us

World

Benjamin Netanyahu greeted warmly by Trump after years of frigid relations

Published

on

Benjamin Netanyahu greeted warmly by Trump
Share

Yesterday, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and President Donald Trump greeted each other cordially. Following years of strained relations throughout the term of President Barack Obama, which was reflected by the two leaders before the press also.

Donald Trump hosted Israeli PM Netanyahu in Oval office. He supposed ‘we have the best relations right now with Israel that we have ever had.’

For years Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has displayed himself as the individual. He gave his best to keep the country safe. He is known to be Israel’s youngest Prime Minister. His initial term was brief however dramatic which was beset by segments in his coalition.

Relations of Benjamin Netanyahu with Barack Obama

Throughout Obama’s two-term the ties amid US and Israel was very tense owing to stiff body language as well as brief remarks. In 2013 Obama’s photo all through the phone call with Netanyahu was circulated. It shows the president with his feet on the desk and which is perceived as a disrespectful gesture in the Middle East.

Israeli newspaper wrote that ‘president is observed with his legs up and which clearly shows that he was scatting to Netanyahu. As an enthusiast Obama knows that pointing of sole of shoes is a matter of great insult.’

Again in 2015 Obama was blamed for funding an effort aligned with Benjamin Netanyahu re-election bid. The relations amid two nations worsen when Obama move forward with Iran nuclear deal. He also passed the resolution accusing Israeli settlement in West Bank.

Trump made a real move of peace

On Monday, Donald Trump-hosted Benjamin Netanyahu. It was the foremost time both leaders met since Trump declares that the US will shift its embassy to Jerusalem. In addition, would legitimately recognize it as Israel’s capital.  On this move, Trump supposed that ‘what better to make peace.’ He noted that the embassy move offers ‘a real chance for peace.’

Benjamin Netanyahu also praised Trump’s decision to shift the embassy. He also alleged that ‘Mr. Trump will be remembered by our populace throughout the ages.’ He added that ‘others talk about it, but you did it.’ As many presidents pledged to do this on their campaign trail, however never delivered on their promises.

 

 

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Uk

UK reports 500 death in a day due to Coronavirus

Published

on

corona virus
Share

On Wednesday Britain reported 563 daily coronavirus deaths, the first time the national toll has exceeded 500, bringing the total fatalities to 2,352, according to official figures.

The health ministry said “As of 5pm (1600 GMT) on 31 March, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 2,352 have sadly died. Some 29,474 people have now tested positive, an increase of 4,324 over the previous day”.

Britain locked down last week in an attempt to combat the virus, but Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who himself has tested positive, warned that it would “get worse before it gets better”.

The virus has also hit the royal family, with Prince Charles only coming out of isolation on Tuesday after displaying mild symptoms of the disease.

He said “On Wednesday he released a video message praising the “remarkable” state-run National Health Service. “None of us can say when this will end, but end it will .Until it does, let us all try and live with hope and, with faith in ourselves and each other, look forward to better times to come.”

 

A 13-year-old boy in London is thought to be the UK’s youngest known victim of the novel coronavirus.

 

King’s College Hospital in Camberwell, south London, said in a statement Tuesday that the teenager, who tested positive for Covid-19, had died. It said that its “thoughts and condolences” were with the boy’s family.

“Sadly, a 13-year old boy who tested positive for COVID-19 has passed away, and our thoughts and condolences are with the family at this time,” the statement read. “The death has been referred to the Coroner and no further comment will be made.”

According to a breakdown of victims of COVID-10 published by Britain’s office of National Statistics, the boy is thought to be the youngest known victim of the novel Coronavirus in the UK.

 

 

Continue Reading

Headlines

Coronavirus has affected millions, but there are also some Coronavirus free countries

Published

on

Coronavirus has affected millions, but there are also some Coronavirus free countries
Share

The rapidly spreading deadly coronavirus disease Covid-19 has affected more than 5,00,000 people across the world and led to the deaths of thousands. But there are still a few remote corners where the virus has not infected any person.

These place are Palau island, nestled in the northern Pacific. It has a population of 18,000, but has still not reported a single Covid-19 positive case.

A dot in the ocean hundreds of kilometres from its nearest neighbours, Palau is surrounded by the vast Pacific, which has acted as a buffer against the virus.

The strict travel restrictions have also helped in keeping infections at bay for a number of nations in the region including Tonga, the Solomon Islands, the Marshall Islands and Micronesia. The disparate group also includes Samoa, Turkmenistan, North Korea and bases on the frozen continent of Antarctica.

But remoteness is not certain to stop the relentless march of the new disease. The Northern Mariana Islands (north of Palau) confirmed its first cases over the weekend, followed by a suspected death on Monday.

28-year-old artist Klamiokl Tulop said that “You can feel a rising tension and anxiety just shopping,” . “Stores are crowded even more during non-payday weeks.” She is hopeful Palau can avoid the fate of Wuhan, New York or Madrid where better-resourced health services were overrun.

There have been several scares on Palau, including a potential case that saw one person placed into quarantine this week as authorities await test results. These scares, and the global spread of the disease, has led to an economic paralysis on the island. Supermarket aisles in the country’s largest town Koror have seen panic buying and there are shortages of hand sanitisers, masks and alcohol. The island depends heavily on goods being shipped or flown in, meaning supplies can quickly run low.

 

United Airlines used to fly six times a week from nearby Guam – which has seen more than 50 cases – but now there is just one flight a week.

 

The only virus free continent today is Antarctica. There is no need for social distancing in the tundra. The groups of expeditioners present there are safe, but they do think about how their loved ones are going back home.

 

In some places, reporting no cases does not always mean there are no cases to report. North Korea has portrayed emergency measures as an unqualified success in keeping Covid-19 out, despite sustained epidemics in neighbouring China and South Korea.

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Kabul gurdwara attack: Real target was India ; Accept Islamic State

Published

on

Kabul gurdwara attack Real target was India Accept Islamic State
Share

Security at the Indian Embassy in Kabul and consulates in Jalalabad and Kandahar has been put on highest alert with Indian and western intelligence confirming that Haqqani network and Lashkar-e-Tayyeba (LeT) terrorists chose to hit Guru Har Rai Gurdwara at Shor Bazaar due to heavy troop deployment at the Indian mission.

28 Sikh worshippers have been killed, eight are injured and another 85 were rescued during the shoot-out at the gurdwara, three kilometres away from the Indian mission.

According to information reaching Delhi from Afghan and western security agencies, “the strike was ordered by Quetta Shura of Taliban at the behest of Pakistani deep state with the larger motive of driving out India from Afghanistan”.

He further said that “As many as 4 attackers armed with AK-47 rifles were part of the strike team of terrorists who struck at the Gurdwara. The Afghan security forces managed to kill one of the terrorists; the rest escaped”.

The entire operation was code-named Blackstar by Pakistan intelligence, which used the Haqqani network led by the Taliban’s deputy commander Sirajuddin Haqqani and elements of LeT.

While the grieving Afghan Sikhs were cremating the victims on Thursday afternoon, a bomb exploded nearby creating further scare in the area. However, the play is much deeper with Pakistan setting sights on forcing India out of Afghanistan post-withdrawal of the US forces from Afghanistan. With Taliban, Haqqani network, LeT and JeM all under control of the Pakistani deep state, Afghanistan again will provide strategic space to its terrorist arm for controlling Kabul and hitting at Kashmir.

Already there are inputs from western agencies about JeM and LeT moving their training camps to eastern borders of Afghanistan with Kashmir in the crosshairs. The Taliban, with their sword arm Haqqani network, will handle Afghanistan while the Islamic State and Al Qaeda would be their digital fronts in the social media space.

A senior official said that “While the world is grappling with the Covid-19 virus, the Pakistani deep state continues to push jihad against minorities in Afghanistan”. A senior official in the Indian security establishment said there was recognition in New Delhi that the terrorists probably attacked the gurdwara because it was a soft target.

There have been alerts about a terror attack on the Indian embassy in Kabul and the consulate at Jalalabad for quite some time. It wouldn’t have been an easy target since the security had been beefed up and more troop firewalls deployed. After the Gurudwara attack, the Indian security agencies fear that Indian consulates in Jalalabad and Kandahar will be targeted by the Haqqani network and associates in coming days”.

 

 

Continue Reading

Business

Ivanka Trump praise OYO for Offering Free Stays to US Doctors Amid Coronavirus

Published

on

Ivanka Trump praise OYO for Offering Free Stays to US Doctors Amid Coronavirus
Share

Ivanka Trump, the senior advisor to President Donald Trump, has praised an initiative by Ritesh Agarwal-founded Indian start-up OYO Hotels to offer free stays to doctors, nurses in the US helping in the fight against the novel coronavirus, describing the gesture as impactful acts of benevolence.

 

As she retweeted a press release by the OYO, which said that “the start-up is “opening the doors to its hotels” and offering free stays to doctors, nurses and other medical first responders who are helping in the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).

 

Ivanka tweeted that “OYO Hotels are offering free stays to our amazing medical professionals and first responders fighting this virus on the frontlines. These kinds of impactful acts of benevolence are what help keep this Nation and our world #TogetherApart,” 38-year-old.

The OYO press release said that “beginning of March 24, medical first responders will receive free accommodations at any OYO Hotel in the United States so they can sleep, shower or just get off their feet and recharge”.

 

Ritesh Founder and Group CEO, OYO Hotels & Homes, said in the press release  “All of us at OYO are grateful for the bravery and sacrifices all the medical personnel are making to save lives and stop the spread of COVID-19,” .

 

North Carolina Medical Society CEO Robert Seligson said “OYO’s offer shows what America is all about”.

 

Seligson said “If we come together and help each other, show kindness and determination, there isn’t a challenge we won’t overcome. This is a great idea that will help physicians and other health care providers on the front lines during this unprecedented crisis, and I hope others will join them .

 

OYO said it “will do all it can to make the lives of the brave medical personnel a little better. It is our responsibility to give back. To all the medical personnel fighting this disease on the front lines, we welcome you and we can’t be grateful enough.”

 

Oyo was Founded in 2013, Gurugram-based OYO’s portfolio today includes 43,000 hotels with over one million rooms and 130,000 vacation homes in over 800 cities in 80 countries. OYO entered the US market in February 2019.

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Tokyo Olympics rescheduled for July 23-August 8 in 2021

Published

on

coronavirus Tokyo Olympics
Share

The Tokyo Olympics will open next year in the same time slot scheduled for this year’s games. Tokyo organizers said “Monday the opening ceremony will take place on July 23, 2021 — almost exactly one year after the games were due to start this year.Last week, the IOC and Japanese organizers postponed the Olympics until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic”.

 

This year’s games were scheduled to open on July 24 and close on Aug. 9. But the near exact one-year delay will see the rescheduled closing ceremony on Aug. 8. There had been talk of switching the Olympics to spring, a move that would coincide with the blooming of Japan’s famous cherry blossoms. But it would also clash with European soccer and North American sports leagues.

 

After holding out for weeks, local organizers and the IOC last week postponed the Tokyo Games under pressure from athletes, national Olympic bodies and sports federations. It’s the first postponement in Olympic history, though there were several cancellations during wartime.

 

Both Tokyo organizing committee president Yoshiro Mori and CEO Toshiro Muto have said “the cost of rescheduling will be “massive” — local reports estimate billions of dollars — with most of the expenses borne by Japanese taxpayers”. Muto promised transparency in calculating the costs, and testing times deciding how they are divided up. Muto asked “Since it (the Olympics) were scheduled for this summer, all the venues had given up hosting any other events during this time, so how do we approach that?” Muto asked.

 

“In addition, there will need to be guarantees when we book the new dates, and there is a possibility this will incur rent payments. So there will be costs incurred and we will need to consider them one by one. I think that will be the tougher process.” Katsuhiro Miyamoto, an emeritus professor of sports economics at Kansai University, puts the costs as high as $4 billion. That would cover the price of maintaining stadiums, refitting them, paying rentals, penalties and other expenses.

Japan is officially spending $12.6 billion to organize the Olympics. However, an audit bureau of the Japanese government says the costs are twice that much. All of the spending is public money except $5.6 billion from a privately funded operating budget.

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending