Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented the Union Budget of 2018 on February 1st, 2018. The finance minister also stated that India is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world.
The main highlights of the budget were increasing MSP, decrease in corporate tax rate, allocation of Rs. 1200 crore to health care sector and others. “This year’s Budget will particularly focus on agriculture”, said Mr Jaitley. Keeping in mind the plight of the farmers of a nation which is highly dependent on its agriculture, many positive changes were done in the budget which was long overdue.
There was some positive news for the common folks as well, one of them being the increase in EPF contribution by the government. But then, not substantiating the rumours regarding income tax, no changes were made in the income tax slabs.
Here are some key points of the Union Budget 2018 :-
- There are no changes in income tax rate
- For transport, medical reimbursement for salaried tax payers, standard deduction of Rs 40,000 will be allowed
- Education cess has been increased from 3% to 4% which will lead to an additional revenue generation of Rs 11,000 crore
- The new employees of all sectors will have 12% of their income as EPF contribution by the Government for the next 3 years. Contribution to EPF of women employees reduced from 12% to 8% for the first 3 years.
- Finance Minister also said that there is a target to provide all Indians with their own homes by 2022
The MSP for Kharif Crops has been set at 1.5 times the produce price
- Eklavya Schools will be opened in every block with more than 50% Schedule Tribe population by 2022
Aayushman Bharat programme to be initiated, which will have 1.5 lakh centres set up to provide health facilities near homes. Rs 1,200 crore will be allocated for this programme.
- Flagship National Healthcare protection scheme, world’s largest government-funded healthcare programme, will have approximately 50 crore beneficiaries who will receive up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
- Mobile phones and televisions to become costly after an increase in customs duty for some products
- Co-operative societies to be allowed 100% tax deduction
- Airport capacity proposed to be increased to handle 1 billion trips every year
- Corporate tax on companies with a turnover of up to Rs 250 cr is to be decreased from 30% to 25%, which results in a revenue loss of Rs 7,000 cr for the government.
- PAN has been made compulsory for any entity entering into a financial transaction exceeding 2.5 lakh
There are a lot of promises initiating a lot of hopes in the eyes of the common rural and urban population. But promises alone cannot cover the fiscal deficit and uplift the living condition of the people, implementation of such promises is necessary. Not much can be said about the upcoming changes in the wake of the Union Budget, we’ll just have to wait and watch.
IPL 2019: SRH full squad; SRH complete fixtures
IPL 2019: How to Watch IPL Live Online in India, UK, US, Australia and Other Countries
IPL 2019 Live Streaming CSK vs RCB : When And Where To Watch Live Telecast
IPL 2019: KXIP full Squad; KXIP complete fixtures
Did Shraddha Kapoor Break Up With Boyfriend Rohan Shreshtha? : Are Wedding Rumours False?
DD Sports Live Streaming : India vs Australia, Cricket Match 2019
Toy Story 4 by Walt Disney Pictures soon in Theaters Summer 2019
Best free Youtube to MP3 Converter 2019 – Convert YouTube to MP3 Online
Oscars 2019 Awards : Glamour, Winners Full List & more
Hande Ercel on the cover of Marie Clarie Turkey Magazine March 2019
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World movie releasing on March 22 in India
Ladies First in On Netflix : Know About Deepika Kumari’s Inspiring Story!
Hellboy (2019) movie soon hit theaters on April 12
The Angry Birds Movie 2 releasing on August 2019
Akshay Kumar looks with all bravery in upcoming movie ‘Kesari’ trailer
Subscribe to HOT News
- Headlines3 days ago
Zee Cine Awards Was A Star Studded Affair : See Winners
- Topic2 days ago
100+ Best Instagram Captions, Short, funny Instagram Quotes
- Jio Gigafiber3 days ago
Jio Gigafiber Broadband, and it’s installation cost
- Bollywood2 days ago
Sara Ali Khan And Kartik Aryaan Will Romance Together On 2020’s Valentine’s Day!