A permanent Account Number (PAN) card is an important document required for many government and other work. The one who has not issued a PAN card can now get it just by applying online in very easy steps.
Identity card, address proof, proof of birth date are required for making a PAN card. You will be given options amongst these you can choose anyone.
How to apply online?
Go to the official website NSDL TIN and choose the PAN section in the service option. After choosing this option you will be directed to the link https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/pan-index.html.
- Here you have to enter the details of the application type. Form 49A has to be filled for Indian citizens. And then select the individual in the category.
- Then you have to select Shri/Smt/Kumari option and fill in your name, date of birth and contact details, etc.
- Then fill in the CAPTCHA code and click on the Submit option. This will generate your token number.
- You will be then redirected to a page, where you will see three options for submitting for PAN card.
- You can submit documents digitally using e-KYC and e-sign. Or you can physically submit documents.
- Fill in all the details in the form when you select the documents submission process. Read all the instructions and click on the Next button.
- The next step is to provide the source of income. Also, the address proof and contact details need to submit.
- The next step is to select your Assessing Officer AO. On this page, you will get information related to it. After filling in all the details, tap on Next.
- The submitting all the documents now you can move to the next that is upload your photograph and sign up.
- After submitting the application and making the payment, you will get an OTP on Aadhaar Link phone. After entering this, print the receipt. Which will have a 15 digit acknowledgement number. Sign this receipt. You can also send it to the NSDL office or by courier. You will get a PAN card within 15 days after submitting this receipt application.
Note: You will get a physical copy of your PAN card within 15 days after completing all the steps.