Connect with us

India News

Delhi metro services to be closed on March 23, 2020

Published

on

Delhi metro services to be closed on March 23, 2020
Share

The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has decided to stop metro train operations from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the network. A DMRC spokesperson told media that the “metro services have been regulated on Monday and the services on the network will be available as per the timings given below”:

Delhi Metro services on March 23, 2020:

Delhi Metro services from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM: Metro train operations will begin from 6 AM across the originating metro stations of all the lines. Metro trains will be available at a frequency of every 20 minutes till 8 AM.

-During this period, people who are involved in the essential services such as hospitals, fire, electricity, police etc will be allowed to enter the Delhi Metro stations, only after producing their identification cards to the security personnel.

Delhi Metro services from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM:

During these hours, metro trains will be available at the normal frequency, as per the usual operations. During this period, the general public will also be able to commute and no identification will be required at the time of entry in the metro premises.

Delhi Metro services from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM:

DMRC will not allow any metro service for commuters during these hours. Although, all of the metro trains which began operations at 10 AM from the originating metro stations of all the lines, will continue to operate till they reach the destination stations on the corridors.

Delhi Metro services from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM:

During these hours, metro services will again resume from 4:00 PM from all the lines and will continue till 8:00 PM at a normal frequency for all commuters.

Delhi Metro services from 8:00 PM onwards: From 8:00 PM onwards, DMRC will not allow any metro service for commuters during these hours. However, all the metro trains which started at 8:00 PM from the originating stations of all the lines will continue to operate till they reach the destination stations on the corridors.

On Monday, March 23, 2020, parking facility will remain closed at all the Delhi Metro stations

According to DMRC, the objective of this staggered metro operation plan on Monday is aimed at facilitating all the stakeholders of the network and to majorly promote ‘social distancing’, which is an extremely important step to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.

These staggered and modified Delhi Metro services are applicable only for March 23, 2020, Monday. If in case, there will be any requirement in the near future to continue the same pattern of services in the larger public interest, DMRC will notify accordingly.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

India News

After Nizamuddin Mosque Event 35 people test positive for Coronavirus, 9 Died

Published

on

Share

The headquarters of Muslim religious section in Delhi’s Nizamuddin area, which has developed into one of the biggest coronavirus disease (Covid-19) hot spots in India, was on Tuesday sealed and 800 people moved out in buses were quarantined in different parts of the city as several more positive cases with links to the gathering held here in mid-March emerged.

In Delhi, 24 people out of the 102 tested for the virus after being taken to the Lok Nayak Hospital have been found positive so far, while reports of nearly another 200 taken to two other hospitals is still awaited.

Delhi health minister Satyendar Jain said, “A grave crime has been committed,”. The Delhi government has said, “it plans to lodge an FIR against the mosque’s maulana, who denied wrongdoing and said in a statement that no lockdown regulations were violated”.

So far, nine people with links to the event at the mosque have died across the country six in Telangana, one in Srinagar, one in Mumbai and one in Karnataka.

The links to the deaths in Mumbai and Karnataka emerged on Tuesday as the full scale of the cluster outbreak of coronavirus became a little clearer.

A 65-year-old Philippines national who died in Mumbai due to Covid-19 on March 22 had attended the congregation along with a group of 10, and three people in the group have also tested positive. The group also stayed at a mosque in Navi Mumbai and the maulana of that mosque has also been infected, along with his son, grandson and domestic help. Many people the priest came in contact with have been quarantined.

 

The death in Karnataka’s Tumkuru was a 60-year-old who traveled to Delhi by train on March 13. He died at Tumkuru’s designated hospital for Covid-19 patients on March 27. The authorities have traced 24 high-risk primary contacts, of which 13 are isolated at the designated hospital, eight have tested negative and three are health care professionals who are house quarantined.

 

In addition to these cases, nine attendees and the wife of one of them have also tested positive in the Andaman and Nicobar islands, accounting for all 10 cases there. The gathering has also been linked to cases in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.

 

Continue Reading

Business

Mahindra Co. ready ventilator prototype in 3 days, planing to price it at Rs 7500

Published

on

Mahindra Co. ready ventilator prototype in 3 days, planing to price it at Rs 7500
Share

The Coronavirus pandemic has crippled the economy of many countries and India too is facing similar issues. The need of the hour are ventilators and in a bid to fight against the deadly coronavirus the teams of Mahindra situated at the company’s Igatpuri and Mumbai plants have responded to the call made by the group chairman, Anand Mahindra, by coming up with the first ventilator prototype within just 48 hours after the group chairman put the message out on twitter.

Mahindra & Mahindra on Thursday said it “hopes to have a prototype of an automated version of bag valve mask ventilator, commonly known as Ambu bag, in three days for approval to assist in combating the coronavirus pandemic. It is also working with two large PSUs along with an existing manufacturer of high spec ventilators to help them simplify design and scale up capacity. At other end we are working on an automated version of the Bag Valve Mask ventilator (commonly known as Ambu bag). We hope to have a Proto ready in 3 days for approval. Once proven this design will be made available to all for manufacturing.”

Along with this, Mahindra & Mahindra Further said that “it expects to come up with a sophisticated ventilator priced at just Rs 7,500, which otherwise costs up to Rs 10 lakh, as it seeks to assist in combating coronavirus pandemic. To this, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra applauded the efforts of Kandivali and Igatpuri, manufacturing teams who confined themselves to the factories and produced these prototype designs in 48 hours, without catching sleep”.

On Sunday, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra had said to “help in the response to the unprecedented coronavirus threat, Mahindra Group will immediately begin work on how its manufacturing facilities can make ventilators”.

Goenka said, “We at Mahindra are overwhelmed with pouring in of support from individuals and companies for our effort to make available ventilators.” Mahindra had also offered the facilities of the group’s hospitality arm.

 

 

Continue Reading

India News

Ratan Tata gave support of  Rs 1500 cr for protective equipment, testing kits in the fight against COVID-19

Published

on

Ratan Tata gave support of  Rs 1500 cr for protective equipment
Share

Joining a number of Indian business leaders who are doing their bit in their own way, Ratan Tata has committed Rs 500 crore to procure protective equipment for frontline workers, respiratory systems for treatment of increasing cases and testing kits in the fight against COVID-19.

On March 28 Ratan Tata shared on tweet in which he is giving detail to how Tata Trusts and the group companies will help as India battles to contain the spread of COVID-19.

Ratan Tata tweeted “The COVID 19 crisis is one of the toughest challenges we will face as a race. The Tata Trusts and the Tata group companies have in the past risen to the needs of the nation. At this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time”.

The company said “The funds donated, will be used for Personal Protective Equipment for the medical personnel on the frontlines, respiratory systems for treating increasing cases, testing kits to increase per capita testing, setting up modular treatment facilities for infected patients, knowledge management and training of health workers and the general public, .

Following Ratan Tata’s announcement, N. Chandrasekharan, chairman of Tata Sons announced an additional Rs. 1000 Crores in support towards COVID-19 and related activities.

 

Further Ratan Tata said “We will work together with the Tata Trusts and our Chairman Emeritus Mr. Tata and would be fully supporting their initiatives, and work in a collaborative manner to bring the full expertise of the group.

In addition to the initiatives articulated by Tata Trusts, we are also bringing in the ventilators necessary and are gearing up to also manufacture the same soon in India,”.

He further added, “The country is facing an unprecedented situation and crisis. All of us would have to do whatever it takes to alleviate and enhance the quality of lives of the communities we serve.”

 

Many business leaders including Mukesh Ambani and Anand Mahindra have also contributed in their own ways.

 

Reliance Industries Limited is rise its production capacities to produce 100,000 face-masks per day and a large number of personal protective equipment for the nation’s health-workers to equip them further to fight the coronavirus challenge.

 

On March 22, Mahindra and Mahindra also offered the group’s hospitality arm as a medical care facility and said the group will work on how its manufacturing facilities can manufacture ventilators.

 

 

Continue Reading

India News

PM Narendra Modi announces for ‘PM CARES Fund’, ask people to donate

Published

on

PM Narendra Modi announces for 'PM CARES Fund', ask people to donate
Share

As India suffering with the deadly coronavirus outbreak, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday announced that an “emergency fund” has been constituted as people from all walks of life expressed their need to donate to the country’s fight against COVID-19.

 

Appealing to Indian Citizens the PM asked “citizens to contribute to the ‘Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund’, adding that that it will go a long way in creating a “healthier India”.

 

He said “Kindly contribute to the PM-CARES Fund. This Fund will also cater to similar distressing situations, if they occur in the times ahead,” Modi said, sharing the details as to how people can donate.

PM Modi also said that the PM-CARES Fund accepts micro-donations too. “It will strengthen disaster management capacities and encourage research on protecting citizens,” .”Let us leave no stone unturned to make India healthier and more prosperous for our future generations,”.

 

 

The government said that  “the primary objective of the fund is to deal with any kind of emergency or distress situation, like posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, and to provide relief to the affected people”.

Prime Minister Modi is the chairman of this trust and its other members include defence minister, home minister and finance minister.

 

 

 

Continue Reading

India News

UP government arranges 1,000 buses to ferry stranded migrant workers to make them reach home

Published

on

UP government arranges 1,000 buses to ferry stranded migrant workers to make them reach home
Share

With the post announcement made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for a complete 21 days lockdown across India, labourers, daily wages construction workers, students and many more are now out on highways trying to walk down to their hometowns.

After the shut down for 21 days starting March 24, these workers decided to return to their respective villages. The sight of multiple groups of migrant workers stranded on the state’s borders has prompted the Uttar Pradesh government to act.

On Saturday morning, the Uttar Pradesh government said “that as many as a thousand buses have been arranged to ferry these migrant workers back to their homes. These workers are now being guided to the Kasuhambi bus depot, Noida Sector 82, and Surajpur Phase-2 from where they will be seated in the respective bus leaving for their village. Officers deployed at all entry points have been issued stringent instructions in this regard”. In addition, government said that “the local administrations of border towns have been asked to provide temporary food and shelter to the migrant workers heading back homes, claimed the state government”.

 

Responding to fears of the mass migration of migrant workers at a time such as this, the UP government said “that all of these workers will be screened for the novel coronavirus. At present, Uttar Pradesh has 45 confirmed cases of Covid-19. Out of these, 11 people have been treated and discharged. In a tweet on Saturday, UP Chief Minister’s office urged the people to stay where they are and respect the lockdown until further instructions are issued”.

In the national capital, areas such as outer Delhi, North East Delhi and East Delhi have seen people leaving their rented accommodation and moving towards their native places majorly in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Bihar.

Continue Reading

Trending