The Uttar Pradesh Government on 8th April Wednesday announce for seal of 15 district till April 15 due to rise in Coronavirus cases in a state. The number of cases rose to 343.
After this announcement the Director of Information department Shishir said to PTI that “All coronavirus hotspots in 15 districts will be completely sealed till April 15 morning. Only home delivery will be allowed. These are the places where a number of cases have been found”. Further Additional Chief Secretary, Information Awanish Awasthi said “These hotspots will be identified by the evening”.
Shishir said that there is no proper decision taken to extend on-going lockdown for repliying to a question on ongoing lockdown.
After that Awasthi said to media that person , talking to mediapersons 15 districts, including Agra, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Kanpur, Varanasi, Shamli, Meerut, Bareilly and Bulandshahr, have reported a number of COVID-19 cases.
This decision was taken on the directives of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a review meeting. Awasthi said “The hotspots in these districts will be completely sealed. Only medical vehicles will be allowed and no one will be allowed to perform any other activity,” he said.
What will happen during this Sealed time:
- During the sealed time people will not be allowed to step out of the house for anything.
- Necessary commodities will be delivered at home. People can order groceries and medicines online.
- Uttar Pradesh government will going to set some centralised call centre where people can call to order any necessary goods.
- The Curfew passes which is issued to all 15 districts will be reviewed and non-essential passes will be cancelled till 15th April.
- Vegetable and fruit markets and any other place where the crowd can gather will be sealed.
- Anyone trying to enter or exit the seal area will be booked
- Each and every house of in the sealed zone will be sanitised
- Entry to media will also be banned in the sealed zone till April 15 morning, only government photographer may go in
- Apart from the hotspots in the15 districts, the lockdown in the rest of the state will continue as per earlier directives.