Most Expensive Divorces By Now : Check The Jaw Dropping Settlement Amounts
Marriages do not happen on the basis of money you earn but when they break you have to pay a good price for it. You must be wondering what it costs a person who is getting divorced. Well, some expensive divorces just broke all the records of money orientation and called out to be the most expensive divorces of them all!
Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon and his wife MacKenzie Bezos are divorced and nobody knows the exact settlement value. Jezz is the owner of $137Billion Dollars and he is the richest person in the world. This divorce settlement is the highest settlement ever. But there are many settlements which amazed everyone in the past. These are enlisted below.
- Mel Gibson and Robyn Moor: Actor Mel Gebson and Robyn Moore divorced in 2006 and their settlement is the largest divorce pay-out of the Hollywood. He paid $425 Million to her. It is said that the money was almost half of the net worth of the actor.
- Craig and Wendy McCaw: In 1997 pioneer of cell phone business Craig McCaw and newspaper Publisher Wandy McCaw divorced. Their settlement amount was $460 Million.
- Natalia Potanina and Vlandimir Potatnin: The settlement amount for their divorce was $7.5 Billion.
- Alec Wildenstein and Jocelyn Wildenstein: Alec was the French American businessman and art dealer and he divorced his wife of 21 years, Jocelyn in 1999. An estimated amount for their divorce settlement was $3.8Billion. It is about $5.7 Billion in today’s currency.
- Steve Wynn and Elaine: This couple is the most interesting couple on this list. They were married to each other twice, from 1963 to 1986 and from 1991 to 2010. In 2010, they divorced with a huge amount of $1 Billion as a settlement.
- Dmitry Rybolovlev and Elena Rybolovlev: Elena and Russian Businessman Dmitry divorced in 2014 and Elena walked away from this marriage with the whopping amount of $604 million.
- Rupert Murdoch and Anna Torv: This couple had a marriage of 31 years with three children. After the settlement of $1.7 Billion, both of them married to Wendi Deng and Willian Mann respectively.
The list is very long but we mentioned a few settlements with jaw-dropping amounts. Marriages surely cost nothing but love but divorce does.