Cough Remedies : Cough is one of the most common health problems. You often cough to eliminate blockage in your throat. Cough is caused due to dust, pollution and other allergic particles. It can be caused also due to flu or viral infection. Drinking warm water can help to certain extent to cure cough. Here we have listed out some of the most effective ways in which you can cure it
Most effective Home Remedies for Cough Remedies
- Crush that Ginger – Cough Remedies
Ginger is a very effective root found in most households. It is very versatile in nature. It is also a popular cure for cough.
- Slice a fresh ginger into small pieces and crush them.
- Add them into a cup of water and boil it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Strain it and consume throughout the day for best results.
- Love the Lemon – Cough Remedies
Lemon has several medicinal values. It helps in reducing inflammation in the throat.
- Combine two tablespoons of lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink the syrup several times a day.
- Go gaga with Gargle – Cough Remedies
Salt water can ease the discomfort caused by cough.
- Stir a spoonful of salt in warm water.
- Gargle for 15 seconds and spit.
- Repeat for three to four times
- Turmeric with a twist – Cough Remedies
Turmeric has a curative effect on cough. It is also effective in curing viral infections.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and black pepper corns into a cup of boiling water.
- Boil for two to three minutes until it settles.
- Consume it thrice a day for quick relief.
- Use the sweetness of Honey – Cough Remedies
Honey is equally effective for children and adults. It helps in eliminating thick mucus from your throat. But it should not be given to children below three years of age as it can cause food poisoning.
- Add one teaspoon of honey into warm water.
- Have it twice a day.
By using these simple yet most effective remedies can help cure common cough in short period of time.