Lockdown5 / UNLOCK 1.0 : Containment zones will have a lockdown till 30 June; the country will be unlocked in 3 phases
The country is going to unlock soon and too in 3 phases. Central home ministry has issued a guideline for the same on Saturday. According to the guideline, hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, religious places will be open after June 8 but with certain terms and conditions. Only the containment zones will have lockdown till 30 June. The decision of opening of schools and colleges will be taken in July only. No decision has been taken for cinema halls and international flights.
From 1 May 2020
- The restrictions will continue till 30 June 2020
- All activities to be relaxed in phased manner outside containment zones.
- States may impose restriction
- The following places will be open after June 8
- Religious places
- Hotel, restaurants and services related to hospitality
- Shopping Malls
Health ministry will issue a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to maintain social distancing and prevent the spread of Corona Virus.
- School, colleges, educational, training and coaching institutions will reopen after taking the advices from state government.
- State government can take decision on this after talking to parents of students and corresponding institutes.
- The decision to open these institutions will be taken only after receiving feedbacks from parents. SOP will be issued by health ministry to prevent the spread of virus and maintain social distancing.
The restart of following services will be taken in accordance to the situation
- International flights
- Cinema hall; gym; theatre; bar; auditorium; assembly hall and relates places.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment academy, cultural functions, religious functions including all functions of large gathering.
RELIEF: No restriction on movement
There are no restrictions on interstate and intrastate movement of people and goods. Now there is no need to take special permission or e-permit.
NIGHT CURFEW: The country will follow a night curfew from 9.00 pm to 5.00 am
During this time no movement is allowed except for the necessary services. The movement will be strictly prohibited. The regional administration can apply a law under section 144 of CRPF.
THE LOCKDOWN WILL BE LIMITED TO CONTAINMENT ZONES
- The lockdown will continue till 30 June 2020.
- After taking the direction from health ministry, the containment zones will be decided.
- Only mandatory activities will be permitted in containment zones
- There is strict prohibition on the movement of people expect for the emergency services and supply for necessary goods.
- In-depth contact tracing will be done in containment zone. An eye will be kept on all the houses of this zone. Other necessary medical steps will be taken.
- The buffer zone can be identified outside containment zone by the state government. These are zones where the risk of new cases is more.
- Some activities can be banned outside the containment zones by the state government after surveying the area or prohibition will be done if necessary.
A BRIEF OF FOUR PHASES
FIRST PHASE: from 25 March to 14 April; for 21 days; only necessary shops were allowed to open
SECOND PHASE: from 15 April to 3 May; for 19 days; shops were permitted to open in all zones excluding red zone
THIRD PHASE: from 4 May to 17 May; for 12 days; shops were permitted to open in all zones except hotspots; trains and buses were operated for migrants; special trains were also started from New Delhi; Vande Bharat and Samudra Setu mission were launched to bring back the stranded citizens
FOURTH PHASE: from 18 May to 31 May; state government were free to set the red, orange and green zones according to the confirmed cases; operation of buses were permitted; all shops except shopping malls were allowed to open; domestic flights were permitted to operate from 25 May.